Our Sydney Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Are Fighting for You!
Riding a motorcycle is a thrilling Canadian past-time. Riders enjoy a sense of freedom and liberty that you just can’t get in a car or truck.The rush of adrenaline, the wind blowing through your hair, and a real sense of community with fellow enthusiasts. Together with the ease of parking, steering through traffic, and the surging cost of gas prices, Motorcycling is an economic, environmentally friendly, and exhilarating mode of transport. But it doesn’t come without risks.
Motorcycle accidents make up an overwhelming number of serious if not fatal injuries in Sydney, Nova Scotia, and it’s important to keep up to date with motorcycle safety, and speak with a motorcycle injury lawyer to know your legal rights in the event of an accident. Contact NOVA Injury Law today for a Free Case Review. We’ll review your case and explain your rights. If you like what you hear we’ll guide you through the claims process so you can receive maximum compensation. We’ll handle the tricky legal landscape so you can focus on recovery.
At NOVA Injury Law, our compassionate team of motorcycle injury lawyers treat you and your situation with the respect it deserves.
Adding to our experience, we have a practicing emergency room physician with special training in occupational medicine consulting on all of our cases, as required. Having this expertise built into our practice means that our team of motorcycle accident injury lawyers can start building a compelling case file to support your claim.
What are Some Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
It’s vital that motorcyclists have enough training and experience to maneuver their vehicles, particularly in dangerous situations. We encourage motorcyclists to take safety courses and remain up to date with Nova Scotia’s motorcycle laws and safety recommendations.
However, safety is not always in motorcyclists’ hands. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are more vulnerable to external factors like other drivers, poor roads and the elements. One of the main causes of motorcycle accidents is careless drivers. Because motorcyclists are harder to see, they’re at risk of being hit by other drivers. Drivers may engage in unsafe driving behaviors, like failing to check blind spots, not using blinkers, or unexpected and unpredictable braking.
Unlike other vehicles where the driver is protected by the frame and seats of the vehicle, airbags and driving assistance, motorcyclists are much more exposed to the weather and conditions of the roads, with limited protection, little stability, traction or braking control.
What Injuries are Caused Because of a Motorcycle Accident?
Because motorcyclists are so exposed, injuries are typically more severe than other vehicle accidents. Some common injuries include:
- Broken bones, dislocations & fractures to different parts of the body.
- Road rash, resulting from the motorcyclist skidding across the road. Often hands, knees, shoulders and backs are exposed to the harsh road, depending on how the motorcyclist falls.
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury, when the brain is shaking around inside the skull. This could range from a mild concussion to more severe brain damage, affecting the victims health for a long time following the accident.
- Permanent muscle and nerve damage.
- Internal bleeding and damage to vital organs – potentially fatal if left untreated.
- Injuries to the back and spinal cord.
- Soft tissue injuries.
However, horrific as these physical injuries are, you’re also at risk of suffering continuing financial and emotional trauma.
Financially, the cost of ongoing medical bills, expensive rehabilitation treatments, motorcycle damage and alternate transportation are just the beginning. You could also suffer from loss of future income, expensive custom-built changes to your home to accommodate your injuries, and in-home caregiving costs. Emotionally, your ability to move on with your life and earn a steady income could be crippled by PTSD, depression and helplessness.
Unfortunately, the only way to receive fair compensation is to deal with typically hostile and begrudging insurance companies. That’s where NOVA Injury Law comes in. We’ll fight for your right to fair compensation and ongoing support, every step of the way.
At NOVA Injury Law, our team of local Nova Scotians are experts in motorcycle accident claims, and we’ll make sure that you’re 100% compensated for your trauma. We’ll also work with you to handle the legal side of things, so you only have to think about recovery. We have an office in Sydney so we can be close to you when you need it most.
How Do You Get Fair Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident?
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident in Sydney or anywhere in Nova Scotia, it’s important to act quickly. Contact NOVA Injury Law for a Free Case Review today. In this review we’ll look over all the necessary documentation, witness accounts and expert testimony, so that we can give you the maximum compensation you deserve.
We’ll determine who is at fault, and work with our team of medical experts, engineers and accident reconstruction professionals, to give you a clear picture of how the injury has affected you and what you stand to lose.
Can You Get Accident Benefits After a Motorcycle Accident?
We recommend that you contact your own auto insurance provider to cover any immediate medical expenses resulting from the accident. This coverage is known as ‘accident benefits’, or ‘Section B,’ and like other injury claims, it can be tricky to navigate. Our motorcycle accident lawyers have included a useful guide below, and you can use this to access accident benefits following your injury. Alternatively, you can call us today where you will receive the guide and more!
- Your health comes first. Get medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you don’t think your injuries are severe, the nature of motorcycle accidents are high-impact, and we recommend seeking medical help right away.
- Fill out a notice of loss & proof of claim form. You need to fill out this form before you can access your accident benefits. In Nova Scotia it’s a two-part form that you can download here. The first section requests personal information and information about the accident, and the second section is a request of authorization for the disclosure of your medical information to the insurance company. For the second section we would recommend that you do not provide authorization to the insurance company, instead explaining to the insurance adjuster that you will provide all relevant information on request.
- Ask your doctor to complete your treatment form. In Nova Scotia, a doctor, physiotherapist, or chiropractor can complete the treatment form on your behalf, and this form is known as the NS-2 – here’s a copy for you to download. This form must be filled out accurately so that your accident benefits are processed as quickly as possible. Once you’ve submitted the forms to the insurance company they’ll assess and either approve or deny the accident benefits. If you’re unhappy with the amount of coverage, or if your claim is denied, contact NOVA Injury Law right away for a Free Case Review.
Can You Afford Not to Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Filing a motorcycle accident benefits claim can be a stressful and difficult process, and there’s no guarantee that insurance companies will approve the claim, or pay you fair compensation. Our team of motorcycle injury lawyers will help you to;
- Review the accident, conducting thorough investigations, identifying witnesses and establishing liability, and collecting evidence to build you the strongest case possible.
- Recording your injuries, working hand in hand with medical experts to determine the full extent of injuries, whether they are ongoing, and how they affect your daily life and capacity to work.
- Work through the legal documents, drafting the necessary files in an efficient and timely manner.
- Determine a fair compensation amount, so all your recovery needs are met.
- Negotiate with difficult insurance companies on your behalf, and fight for your rights in court if need be.
But it’s important to seek help as soon as possible. Motorcycle accident victims who don’t seek legal advice right away can risk suffering delays in their cases and prolonged suffering.
We Offer Contingency Fee Agreements for All Types of Motorcycle Injury Claims
So there is no upfront cost to pay. Legal fees can vary depending on the case, and they are based on a percentage of the settlement or the amount awarded at trial. So it’s in our best interest to maximize your compensation!
Typically, our fees will range from 25% – 35%, depending on location and type of case. Of course, we will explain our fee structure and answer any questions you have during the Free Case Review.
At NOVA, we believe in fighting for the individual. Once you put us in the fight, we don’t leave until you get what’s yours.
If You’ve Been in an Accident, It’s Critical to Act Now. Call Our Sydney Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today!
Motorcycle injuries are severe by nature, requiring substantial medical, financial and emotional treatment. Our team of motorcycle accident lawyers will work closely with Dr. Laura Mitchell and other medical professionals to make sure that your compensation claim is in line with the medical care you so desperately need.
Dr. Laura Mitchell is a practicing emergency room physician with special training in occupational medicine. Having an expert physician on hand means that our team of motorcycle injury lawyers can quickly assess injuries and start building a file of compelling medical evidence to support your claim.
This is part of the reason that NOVA Injury Law is considered to be the premier personal injury law firm in Nova Scotia, and is a key reason why NOVA Injury Law has been able to secure greater sums of compensation than any other firm in Nova Scotia over the past few years.
Our lawyers are also part of the community in Sydney, Nova Scotia – so we can work with professionals, community groups and volunteers all over the city to get you the support you need.
We understand the devastating impact of serious injury to those affected and their loved ones, and the flow on effect this can have to all aspects of one’s life. Know that you are not alone and our team of experts will make sure you receive the much needed treatment and compensation you deserve.
If you’ve been the victim of a motorcycle accident, car accident or bicycle accident, contact NOVA Injury Law, so we can help you to recover today, and get your life back on track tomorrow.
Reach out to us for a Free Case Review, no-obligation consultation, and contingency fee agreement available for many types of claims.
For more information or to set up an initial consultation for a motorcycle accident claim in Sydney, you can reach us by calling 902-702-3042. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to support you through the aftermath of an accident. Ready to get started now? Contact Jeff Mitchell at [email protected] to get answers today.